The importance of having the right tools:
Glossaries, specialized dictionaries and termbases are considered to be highly important for those involved in the translation industry.
As reference materials, they satisfy the need for quality, which is the top priority when translating. In addition they could save you up valuable time and offer you the required confidence.
Glossaries & Dictionaries:
Here you can find a selection of glossaries and dictionaries. The list is updated regularly, so if you have something that you would like me to add, feel free to send me an email by using the contact form.
Language facts. Did you know?
- Greek has been spoken for more than 3,000 years, making it one of the oldest languages in Europe.
- The Greek alphabet was the first to use vowels.
- About 30% of the English vocabulary consists directly or indirectly of words of Classical Greek origin.
- “I am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- “Pronunciation” is the word which is most mispronounced in the English language!
- Approximately one new word is added to the English language every two hours.
- It’s the third most commonly taught language worldwide.
- The first printed book was written in German.
- English and German share 60% of their vocabulary.
What Clients Say:
Mary is great – if you are looking for a super resource for Greek… look no further because you have found her. Always glad to work with her.
Extremely reliable and professional. Mary is dedicated and detail-oriented. She is a pleasure to work with.
Mary Keramida is a very professional, reliabe and nice translator. She translated for us Greek documents into a perfect English. We strongly recommend her as translator.
It was really great to found Mary among all. She has performed excellent work as well as on time delivery. Hope to have her in our bucket for long. Best wishes, Badal.